Events & Programming Menu
- #metoo experience share
- Casual Lunch or Drinks
- Club Kickoff
- Co-host a social gathering
- Guest Speaker
- Interview a female colleague
- Panel Discussion
- “Power Couples” Speaker Panel
- Scenarios / Role Plays
- Small Group Conversations
- Town-hall Brainstorm
- Allyship club website
- Allyship Commitments
- Cohort allyship representatives
- Print materials
- Short weekly email
- Tabling (especially at club fairs)
- Training Program
If your company has any internal tabling opportunities, have or join a table with your Partner Group to gain visibility, members, and subscribers.
Theory of Change
Costs and food
Target / likely audience
Location / Participation size
Ask the club fair organizers what happens if it rains so that you can be prepared with contingencies.
A / V Needs
Other resources needed
Roles and responsibilities
- You should have one male and one female table operator for the allyship club. Table operators should be extroverted, willing to get people to come and talk to their table, even if they’re walking by, to engage with strangers and to be excited about the club. Kind of like a toned down carnival barker.
Tips and pitfalls
- Interactive poster that shows the dwindling pipeline of women of color in corporate hierarchies that asks people to explain what they think is happening.
- Have a poster with a simple guessing question. Could have "Guess how many CEOs in the Fortune 500 are women vs how many are named John or James or David"
Summer before start of academic year
Coordinate with the WIB group early on in the summer so that (1) you can make sure to have enough space on the table for everything that you’re going to have (2) you will have great handouts ready to go
1 month prior
- Finalize handouts
- Recruit Table Operators
- Ensure you have easy ways to subscribe people to membership and newsletter.
- Choose something engaging to draw folks to your table
- Order schwag (pins, stickers, etc)
1 week prior
- Pick good table food to buy (or buy day before if it's perishable)
- Print all handouts
- Ensure that all signup and subscription processes work. Have paper backups in case they don't
- Ensure you have enough volunteers for the entire period
- Complete the engaging attraction for your table
1 day prior
- Buy any perishable food
- Double check handouts, schwag, signup processes, volunteer commitments, and table attraction
Event day prep
- Coordinate with Partner group about table logistics
- Make sure all handouts, food, etc arrives to table on time
- Make sure volunteers know where they’re supposed to be and at what time
1 day after
- From membership and email list collected: (1) email everybody thanking them for dropping in, (2) provide general info about the club, (3) announce the next club event
1 week after
- From membership list and email list collected at event, email out summarized feedback
Communications to find Table Operators
Subject: Recruit new allyship members!
We need charming, charismatic, and extroverted folks to be a great first impression for incoming students! In other words, we need YOU!
Please RSVP here: [Link]
The table will be awesome this year with great schwag ([stickers, pins]), great food, a great way to get people engaged ([we've got a poster with a fascinating question]) and inspiring and enthusiastic folks (YOU!)